- That all journalists would truly commit themselves to a rigorous search for truth.
- That all journalists would examine their conscience and ask, “Am I really after what is good for every person?”
- That all journalists would truly follow the Journalist’s Code of Ethics.
- That all media consumers would truly become media literate, knowing what is good and what is bad in the things media present, as well as in the ways they are presented.
- That all media consumers of all socioeconomic classes would truly hunger for the truth and fight for it. If journalists commit errors or omit necessary information (maliciously or otherwise), media consumers should protest through feedback or publication or — heavens forbid! — boycott.
May the peace and love of the Baby Jesus reign in you and your family! Merry Christmas! 🙂